It’s DECEMBER, the most wonderful time of the year! After finals are over.
That’s right, it’s finals week. And I found a neat playlist to help you survive finals with a smile on your face. And if these songs don’t do it for you, I will also discuss “The Most Annoying Christmas Songs” according to Huffington Post and how I (emphasis on the I) feel about them, allowing you to take a break from the stress and think about the exciting weeks ahead!
Ben Lee- We’re All In This Together. To remind you that we’re all stressing right now, you aren’t alone.
Taking Care of Business – Bachman Turner Overdrive. Because that’s what you’re doing! Taking care of business
Todd Rundgren – Bang The Drum All Day. my favorite procrastination song. I don’t wanna work, I just wanna play.
Passion Pit- Take a Walk. You probably need a break, so go take a walk. This song is your reminder to take a break.
AND FINALLY TO CELEBRATE:
We Will Rock You/ Another One Bites the Dust/ We are the Champions: Queen
Here are the most annoying Christmas songs that I don’t find very annoying:
1. Grandma got run over by a reindeer. This song is not my favorite, but I don’t hate it. I do, however, not like the movie very much. It doesn’t make sense! Why would Santa kidnap Grandma? And if she “came back to life” like she does in the movie, I don’t think the family would react very kindly. I think they’d write a song about Grandpa up in Heaven if Grandma came back.
2. Santa Baby. I can see how this made the list. It’s not family friendly. And it reminds me of Marilyn Monroe singing to JFK, “Happy Birthday, Mr. President”….yikes!
3. Jingle Bell Rock. NO! I disagree. I love the Jingle Bell Rock. End of discussion.
4. Jingle Bells. Again, I disagree.
5. Feliz Navidad. Nope, this song still makes me smile. And after taking FOUR years of Spanish I can finally sing all of the words. “Feliz Navidad prospero ano y felicidad” Happy Christmas and prosper a happy year.
6. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. Nope! I love it.
7.ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME….twelve days of Christmas (trees). Sorry, I just wanted to rhyme. Obviously I love it.
8. Winter Wonderland. NOPE.
This is my last blog of the semester, considering it’s finals week.
And a happy new year.
Until next time,